Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
User Connection Guide
App Home Screen and Settings
Advanced Personal Notifications
Creating a JIRA Issue from Slack
Dedicated Slack Discussion Channels for Jira issues
Use Slack Actions to create Jira issues
Quick Create Jira issues
Get Jira issue details in direct messages
Auto expand Jira issues when mentioned in Slack
How to Schedule Reports
Add a comment from Slack
Use the global action in Slack to create Jira issues
Use workflow builder to create Jira issues
Use workflow builder to add comments to Jira issues
Slash Commands /jira-plus
Use commands (CLI) interface to create and update Jira issues.
Assign Jira issues in Slack
How to capture Slack messages in Jira Issues
Attach files in Slack to issues in Jira
Assign Tickets to Yourself Using the :eyes: Emoji
Interacting with Issues using the View Dialog
Quickly Log Time to Jira Issues
What is a bot id? How can I find it?
How do I stop getting notified for my own actions?
Is my data secure and protected?
How do permissions work? How is Jira access controlled?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I delete messages from the Integration+ Jira bot?
New static IP addresses
Connecting to behind the firewall Jira instances.
How do I disable Jira emails and replace with Slack messages?
How does user attribution work? Are actions in Jira going to be the correct user?
Atlassian Marketplace Billing
Set up with Service Accounts
Nextup Help Centers
Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
After you have implemented your personal notifications in Slack you likely don't need your Jira emails anymore.
What to know:
- Our personal notifications feature allow you to configure Slack notifications to replace Jira emails.
- Our system won't disable emails in your Jira instance (we can't)
- You will need to configure your account or Jira instance to stop emails
- You can set up filters in most mail clients to auto-archive emails
Getting Notified in Slack
- Configure your personal notifications based on your preferences
- Get a message notification from Jira Integration+ under Apps
- Click the messages tab and view the message
- Click the view button to view issue details
- Use the actions section to update the issue directly from Slack.
Disabling in Jira
- Disable emails via personal notification settings in Jira
- Disable emails at a system level in Jira (requires admin permission)
Auto-filtering in Gmail
- Login to your email
- Search for Jira
- Click the box next to a matching message
- Choose create filter
- Choose your preferences
- We suggest: Skip inbox, mark as read and apply label
- Click the Create filter button