Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
User Connection Guide
App Home Screen and Settings
Advanced Personal Notifications
Creating a JIRA Issue from Slack
Dedicated Slack Discussion Channels for Jira issues
Use Slack Actions to create Jira issues
Quick Create Jira issues
Get Jira issue details in direct messages
Auto expand Jira issues when mentioned in Slack
How to Schedule Reports
Add a comment from Slack
Use the global action in Slack to create Jira issues
Use workflow builder to create Jira issues
Use workflow builder to add comments to Jira issues
Slash Commands /jira-plus
Use commands (CLI) interface to create and update Jira issues.
Assign Jira issues in Slack
How to capture Slack messages in Jira Issues
Attach files in Slack to issues in Jira
Assign Tickets to Yourself Using the :eyes: Emoji
Interacting with Issues using the View Dialog
What is a bot id? How can I find it?
How do I stop getting notified for my own actions?
Is my data secure and protected?
How do permissions work? How is Jira access controlled?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I delete messages from the Integration+ Jira bot?
New static IP addresses
Connecting to behind the firewall Jira instances.
How do I disable Jira emails and replace with Slack messages?
How does user attribution work? Are actions in Jira going to be the correct user?
Set up with Service Accounts
Nextup Help Centers
Updated by Shannon Vincent-Brown
Jira Connection FAQ
- Why do I need to connect the bot to Jira?
- Jira Integration+ uses the Jira APIs to get information, create and update tickets when the bot is used. The Jira Application link process is the most secure way to connect Jira to applications.
- What kind of security is used?
- Is there an alternate connection option aside from application links?
- Jira provides a few different methods to connect applications but none are as secure as an application link which is the recommended method from Atlassian.
- Do I need to be a Jira Admin?
- You will need admin access to your Jira instance in order to create the application link. Please contact your Jira administrator to get the access you need or have them login to Nextup to complete the setup.
- What if I don't have permission, can someone else complete this step?
- Yes, Jira Integration+ will automatically connect the accounts from anyone on your Slack team into the account you created and upon login the process can be completed.
- What are the static IP addresses?