Table of Contents
How to Schedule Reports
Updated by Shannon Vincent-Brown
You can ask the bot to send a list of issues based on your selected criteria to a channel at a defined interval (such as daily at a specific time). This is a great tool for project managers or scrum masters over-seeing a team's work.
Make sure to invite the bot to the channel to be able to schedule reports
What to know:
- You need to invite the bot to your channel to use this feature.
- New users will be asked to connect their Slack and Jira accounts to view issue details.
Configuring scheduled reports
- Make sure you invite the bot to your channel.
- Run a search for the desired issues.
- Click the Schedule button to expand scheduling options.
- Create your report by:
- Naming your report
- Setting as enabled/disabled
- Setting the time of day your report is generated
- Setting which days your report will be generated
- Confirming the command used and the channel where your report will be posted
Managing scheduled reports
- Type the command /jira-plus reports in any channel or directly to the bot.
- You will see a list of your scheduled reports. You can then use the ... button to manage each report.
Common Scheduled Reports:
- Daily report of issues assigned to me
- Report of overdue issues for my project
- Project summary report into scrum channel
- All issues assigned to me within last 24 hours
- All issues that mention me within last week