Table of Contents
Updated by Shannon Vincent-Brown
Integration+ works with Slack's workflow builder to allow for Jira issue creation during your workflows.
What to know:
- Use the Create Jira issue step to create a Jira issue in your workflows.
- Download our template as an easy way to get started.
- Workflows can be configured with user attribution to raise the issue as the user who ran the workflow.
Creating a new workflow
- In Slack, navigate to Tools and select Workflow builder.
- Create a new workflow or select an existing one to edit.
Using the Create Jira Issue workflow step
- Click to Add Step.
- You can use the search bar to find Jira integration+ or find it under the Apps section.
- Click Add next to the desired step and follow the screen prompts to complete the configuration.
- Publish your workflow.
Making the reporter be the user who ran the workflow.
When you publish your workflow you may want the user who ran the workflow to be the reporter of the issue in Jira when your workflow is used. This is logical but requires some additional configuration based on current limitations in workflow builder in Slack.
Here's how you get user attribution set up in workflows:
- While in the Create Jira Issue step, click Insert a variable.
- Select the correct Person who for your scenario from the options provided.
- In the Reporter field click the arrow next to Name and update to Mention.
- Click Save and then Publish Changes.