Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
Managing access to your channels configurations for Jira integration+ is an available option if you want to more tightly control your channels configurations.
What to know:
- Channel administrators are globally defined per bot
- Users can request access to join the channel administrator list.
Configuring channel administrators:
- Go to https://account.nextup.ai (or your custom URL if self hosted)
- Go to Permissions under Jira Integration+
- Enable the Restrict channel configuration access toggle.
- Select the users who can manage channel configurations. Don't forgot to add yourself (if applicable).
- Save settings.
Creating new access requests
- User clicks a configuration button or types /jira-plus configure
- A private message is sent to the user telling them access is restricted.
- The user clicks to request access.
- The access request is confirmed.
Approving access requests in Slack
- A user requests access to your channel administration group.
- Your current channel administrators receive a message in Slack
- The administrators click the allow button to allow access.
- The requestor is notified in Slack.
New users added via this process will be visible in the channel administration list for administrators.