Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
User Connection Guide
App Home Screen and Settings
Advanced Personal Notifications
Creating a JIRA Issue from Slack
Dedicated Slack Discussion Channels for Jira issues
Use Slack Actions to create Jira issues
Quick Create Jira issues
Get Jira issue details in direct messages
Auto expand Jira issues when mentioned in Slack
How to Schedule Reports
Add a comment from Slack
Use the global action in Slack to create Jira issues
Use workflow builder to create Jira issues
Use workflow builder to add comments to Jira issues
Slash Commands /jira-plus
Use commands (CLI) interface to create and update Jira issues.
Assign Jira issues in Slack
How to capture Slack messages in Jira Issues
Attach files in Slack to issues in Jira
Assign Tickets to Yourself Using the :eyes: Emoji
Interacting with Issues using the View Dialog
Quickly Log Time to Jira Issues
What is a bot id? How can I find it?
How do I stop getting notified for my own actions?
Is my data secure and protected?
How do permissions work? How is Jira access controlled?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I delete messages from the Integration+ Jira bot?
New static IP addresses
Connecting to behind the firewall Jira instances.
How do I disable Jira emails and replace with Slack messages?
How does user attribution work? Are actions in Jira going to be the correct user?
Atlassian Marketplace Billing
Set up with Service Accounts
Nextup Help Centers
Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
Creating new Jira issues from Slack is a powerful tool to keep track of your work and complete your projects faster.
What to know:
- There are many options for creating Jira issues from Slack with Integration+
- Your companies use case will help determine the best option for your team
- With Integration+ your user roles are automatically respected and all actions have correct user attribution.
Ways you can create issues
- Adding an emoji - react to a message with a 🐛 or 📷 emoji to capture a Slack message or thread to a new Jira issue.
- Global action - click the ⚡ icon anywhere within Slack and create a Jira issue.
- Workflow builder - create your own workflow within Slack and include the Create Jira issue workflow step.
- App home / Jira Dashboard - create an issue from your home screen for Jira inside Slack.
- Message action - click on a message in Slack and create a new issue.